I’ve been trying to decide how to begin this blog. I’m both
a perfectionist and a grammar geek, though not to a fault in either case. My
first inclination is to plan exactly what I want to say then write and rewrite
it until I have a perfectly crafted blog post with perfect spelling, grammar, and
punctuation, that flows cohesively from beginning paragraph to ending, like an
essay for a literature class. That’s the way I’ve always written, but I’m
concerned that if I stick to that plan, I’ll over-analyze it, tweak it to death,
and never publish a single blog post. That’s how I handled my previous blog; I’ve
never written a single post, and no one even knows it’s out there. So, I’m
going to take a deep breath and jump in without having all of my ducks in a
row, without knowing exactly what I’m going to say, and let the “not to a fault”
part of my perfectionist brain take over. In a very real sense, I’ll be using
that same faith that is the subject of this blog to write this blog. Good heavens! I’ve reread that sentence
several times wondering if it makes sense, and trying to decide if I can leave it
alone. <<Not to a fault…not to a
fault…deep breath>> I’ll be writing
with faith, trusting that what I write, though not perfect, will be perfect for you. After all, faith
includes taking the necessary action even if we don’t know how it will turn
out.
So, I will write from my mind and from my heart. I’ll share
things as I learn them with the hope that you’ll share also. If I have an idea
or opinion about faith that doesn’t feel right to you, please tell me your
thoughts. I’m still learning, and I may have interpreted something incorrectly.
Also, if you have some ideas or understandings about faith that I haven’t
discovered yet, please share that as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment